The Criteria: Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
This is my plan for my 101 Things to Accomplish in 1001 Days. This is the second list I've created, the first one ended in 2008 and I've been directionless for just over a year *g*. Much of this list is made up of the first list as there are many targets I didn't hit (I blame V *g*).
Anyway, here are the things I intend to accomplish between Monday January 4, 2010 and Monday October 1, 2012. Many of these things are items that I have been meaning to get to for the past several years. Here's to keeping me honest. As I complete the tasks I will update this list with links to articles that describe how the event happened.
1. Take up a new team sport.
2. Vacation in Jamaica
Jan 11-19 - Check!
3. Take tennis lessons
4. Vacation in Mexico
5. Organize our photos, scan the negatives, get rid of the prints I don't want
6. Get back in touch with my cousin, continue genealogy of my mom's family.
Friended him on FB. Also found 2 more cousins and a distant relative that gave me a pointer to another researcher.
7. Finish 2 full-size quilts
8. Use the treadmill, or run outside for at least 45min 2x/week
9. Register V for school
10. Hang family photos
11. See 10 new movies in the theatre.
12. Take Spanish lessons
13. Find an organization to volunteer with and start.
14. Visit my grandfather.
15. Research my father's family history.
16. Lose 25 pounds, and keep them off.
17. Attend a Just for Laughs show.
18. Work in a soup kitchen.
19. Find dog-friendly vacation accommodations in Ontario and take them up on their offer.
20. Finish a cross-stitch project.
21. Visit hubby's extended family, sprinkled as they are around Ontario.
22. Knit outfits for Guardian Angels.
23. Go to 3 plays/musicals with hubby
24. Finish landscaping side lot
25. Remove all the weeds from the front lawn.
26. Stashbust - wool
27. Stashbust - fabric
28. Entertain more often. (Not really measurable, but I'll figure it out)
29. Paint the interior - All rooms painted pre-2007 get a new coat
30. Stashbust - scrapbooking/cardmaking
31. Read 150 books for pleasure
Here's my tracking list for 2010 - http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/265066-neeroc-s-2010-50-book-list?comment_id=13333672
32. Go camping with V.
33. Purchase and install lights for master bedroom
34. Be a tourist in Montreal.
35. Declutter - each year freecycle, sell or donate 730 items
36. Drink 1L of water a day and coffee doesn't count.
37. Sew curtains for kitchen, craft room and our room.
38. Can veggies I grow in my garden.
39. Write down my grandfather's memories
40. Learn my grandmother's recipes
41. Visit my great aunts (both sides of the family)
42. 10% at the grocery store. Always
43. Finish the wall hanging mom bought me
44. Wii Fit at least 2x per week.
45. Go two weeks without eating any fast food, restaurant food or grocery take-out
46. Finish reading the Bible
47. Read the Qu'ran
48. Read Buddha's teachings
49. Put $1 a day into savings, every day.
50. Complete 2 more credits at uni
51. 12 pedicures
Jan 15 - check!
52. Do at least one round of Once a Month cooking
53. Haircut every 2 months, NOT every 6-8
54. Swim with V at least once a month.
Jan'10 - check!
55. Eat outside more often in the summer, we have a beautiful deck we need to use it!
56. Fix up the turtle tank
57. Spend more time with E & R
58. Find a good dog park, pups need more playtime!
59. Visit my father's grave
60. Work on photography, maybe even take a class.
61. Cosmic adventures, once a month
62. Participate in our community fun days
63. Eat at Hy's
64. Plant a vegetable garden
65. Start plants from seed
66. Go skiing at Tremblant
67. Give blood
68. Disconnect from the computer for one week
Jan 11-19 - check!
69. Work on woodworking
70. Clean up craft room, merge the two rooms into one
71. No TV for a month.
72. Start observing more often
73. Knitting Olympics, find project and complete it from torch light to torch out.
Got myself all signed up, now to get the knitting done!
74. Shakespeare in the Park
75. Do not eat meat for 4 days
76. Fast for 3 days
77. Take a calligraphy class
78. Do Open Doors Ottawa
79. Teach someone to knit
80. Sit in on a parliamentary session
81. Go to one of Adrian's concerts
82. Go on an artists tour
83. Bike in the Gatineaus
84. Ride a motorcycle again.
85. Plant a tree every year.
86. Go to Winterlude
87. Frame my needlework
88. Design and complete a needlework sampler
89. Buy a piece of original artwork
90. Chelsea steam train
91. Go to Calypso Water Park
92. Visit the cemetery where my mother's family is buried - Find the family history
93. Go on more dates with hubby
94. Use up all the gift certificates we have
95. Buy a bedroom set. It's been 21 years, time to get one!
96. Get education savings account set up for V
97. Do something that is important to hubby.
98. Go through the safety deposit box
99. Top up our RRSP's
100. Get all my investment stuff under control - Stop ignoring it
101. Attend an iceshow.